甘巴拉 (Rathinam Balamurugan)助理教授
Ph.D (Doctoral Degree)
Organic Chemistry, Polymers and Nanotechnology
Engineering Research Discussion
- Post-Doctoral Researcher at National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan (2009/12-2018/01)
- Post-Doctoral Researcher at EWHA Womans University, Seoul, South Korea (2009/03-2009/12)
- Project Assistant at E.I.D. Parry, R&D, Bangalore, India (2003/05-2003/12)
- Turn-on fluorescent chemosensor based on a tripodal amine [tris(pyrrolyl-α-methyl)amine]-rhodamine conjugate for the selective detection of zinc ions, Analyst, 2016, 141, 5456-5462.
- Click chemistry assisted Bis-cholesteryl appeneded Isosorbide based dual-responsive organogelators and their self-assemblies, Soft Matter, 2016, 12, 5214-5223
- Dual-responsive ALS-type organogelators based on azobenzenecholesteryl conjugates and their self-assemblies’, New J. Chem., 2017, 39, 6068-6075
- Pd2+ fluorescent sensors based on amino and imino derivatives of rhodamine and improvement of water solubility by the formation of inclusion complexes with β-cyclodextrin, Analyst, 2017, 142, 1536-1544
- A review of the fabrication of photonic bandgap materials based on cholesteric liquid crystals, Reactive and Functional Polymers, 2016, 105, 9-34.
- The effect of meta versus para substitution on the aggregation of bis-cholesteryl appended 2,6-disubstituted pyridine-based gelators, New J. Chem., 2015, 39, 6068-6075
- Structure-property relationships of symmetrical and asymmetrical azobenzene derivatives as gelators and their self-assemblies, Soft Matter, 2014, Vol. 10, 8963-8970.
- A depropargylation-triggered ﬂuorescence “turn-on” probe for the detection of Pd2+based on a bispropargylamine–rhodamine conjugate, Analyst, 2013, Vol. 138, 1564-1569.
- Fluorogenic and chromogenic detection of Cu2+ and Fe3+ species in aqueous media by rhodamineetriazole conjugate, Tetrahedron, 2013, Vol. 69, 235-241.
- Optical Properties of Chiral Nematic Side-Chain Copolymers Bearing Cholesteryl and Azobenzene Building Blocks, J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2011, Vol. 49, 770-780.
- 1,3,4-Oxadiazole epoxy resin-based liquid crystalline thermosets and their cure kinetics, J. Mater. Sci., 2010, Vol. 45:1321–1327.
- Photoisomerization Behavior of Bisbenzylidene and 1,3,4- Oxadiazole-Based Liquid Crystalline Polyesters, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 2010, Vol. 116, 1902–1912.
- Photoreactive Main Chain Liquid Crystalline Polyesters Containing Oxadiazole and Bis(benzylidene)Cycloalkanone Units’, J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2008, Vol. 46, 5760-5775.
- Synthesis and Properties of a Liquid Crystalline Thermoset Epoxy Resin Containing 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Groups, High Performance Polymers, 2009, Vol. 21, No. 3, 251-264.
- Photoactive liquid crystalline polyesters based on bisbenzylidene and pyridine moieties ’, J. Mol. Struc., 2010, Vol. 963, Issues 2-3, 29, 219-227.
- Novel photocrosslinkable liquid crystalline polymers containing vanillylidene cycloalkanones and azobenzene units, Liq. Cryst., 2008, Vol. 35, No. 3. 275-285.
- Synthesis and characterization of benzylidene and azobenzene based photochromic liquid crystalline polymers, High Performance Polymers, 2009, Vol. 21, No.2, 139-154.
- Investigation of liquid crystalline and photocrosslinkable poly[4-x-phenyl-4-(m-methacryloyloxyalkyloxy)cinnamate]s, Polym. Int., 2007, Vol.56, 1230-1239.
- Structural, dielectric and optical properties of N-(2 chlorophenyl)-(1-propanamide) (NCP) single crystals, J. Crystal Growth, 2006, Vol. 297, 372–381.
- Isosorbide and Cholesteryl based dual responsive organogelators and their self-assemblies, Oral presentation at “2017-Annual Meeting of the Polymer Society”, January 13 and 14, 2017 held at National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Thermal and photo induced sol-gel transition phase transitions of azobenzene-cholesteryl derivatives, Oral presentation at “MACRO-2014”, July 6-11 at Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- ynthesis and characterization of alkyne-rhodamine conjugates for the selective detection of Pd2+, poster presentation at “The 13th Pacific Polymer Conference (PPC-13)”, November 17-22 at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- A depropargylation-triggered fluorescence “turn-on” probe for the detection of Pd2+ based on a bispropargylamine–rhodamine conjugate, presented as poster in “Japan-Taiwan Bilateral Workshop (JTBW 2013)” on October 2-5, 2013.
- A novel colorimetric and fluorescence chemosensor for the detection of Cu(II), Fe(III) and acetate ions in aqueous media using bistriazole-rhodamine B conjugate, Oral presentation in Japan-Taiwan bilateral workshop on Nano-Science 2011, held on 21-22 November 2011 conducted by National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Phosphaphenanthrene and [1,2,3]-Triazole Based Photoreactive Mainchain Liquid Crystals, PACChE-2010, Oral, October 5-8, Taipei.
- Photoreactive main chain liquid crystalline polyesters containing bis(benzylidene)acetone as mesogen, NCRTPST-2008, National Conference on Recent Trends in Polymer Science and Technology at Department of Chemistry, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India, pp. 50-53 (November 21 & 22).
- Liquid Crystalline-cum-photocrosslinkable polyesters containing oxadiazole and bis(benzylidene)cycloalkanone units, 15th National Conference on Liquid Crystals at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (October 13-15, 2008).
- Participated in the workshop on “Recent Trends in Polymer” held at Department of Chemistry, Anna University Chennai, Chennai-600025 on 1 and 2 February 2007.
- Investigation on Liquid Crystalline Thermoset based on oxadiazole containing diepoxide with amine curing agents’ MACRO-2006, 9th National Conference on ‘Polymers for Advanced Technologies’ at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, (December 17-20, 2006).
- Investigation on Liquid Crystalline Thermoset based on oxadiazole containing diepoxide with amine curing agents’ NCRTPST-2006, National Conference on Recent Trends in Polymer Science and Technology at Department of Chemistry, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, pp. 37-39 (July 14 & 15).
- Awarded “Senior Research Fellowship” for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on April 2008.